Monday, February 22, 2010

The Scootish Highlands - August 2009 (VIDEO)

This was my last scooter trip, in the Summer of 2009.

Lay back and enjoy the wonderful scenery of the Scottish Highlands and Outer Hebrides.

21 days, 6 ferry boats, 5300 kilometers in a 50 cc, 4 stroke, 4 hp scooter, from Portugal to the Scottish Highlands, Outer Hebrides (Harris & Lewis), the Isle of Skye and back to my country - these are the numbers and such was the adventure. I have nearly zero experience in videography and film editing (as it can easily be observed). I traveled solo, with no trip or movie planning, with no backup and I camped wild many nights. The average speed was below 40 kph. I purposedly decided to leave the footage untouched; this means that the images you are watching weren't post-processed in any way.

This was my third trip in this 50 cc scooter and it was by far the most expensive, mainly due to the several ferry crossings. I'm a firm believer that one doesn't need a lot of money or expensive heavy machines to enjoy the best life has to offer.

This won't be my only film about the journey; at least one more will come out one day. There are also a lot of unforgettable moments that were left out of this movie. They simply cannot be captured in images. For the most, I'm thinking about the many interesting people I met along my way.

I'm thankful to a bunch of friends who inspired this and other previous adventures. The Nomad's Club of Portugal and the "Sydoníticos" were certainly the most influential, but there are many others. My warmest thanks to Toni Parente and Teófilo, two friends that always toke care of my little Honda Today like a baby. I had zero problems during the journey.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Espectacular.
Estou a pensar no próximo ano fazer um trajecto igual com a minha vespa 50s.
Será que podes-me arranjar rotas, que ferrys apanhar, locais onde dormir. Qual foi o custo desta viagem? Todo o tipo de informação que me poderes fornecer é importante para mim. Envia-me informação para j.vasconcelos76@gmail.com
Muito Obrigado

Feroz Ali said...

Very informative post! There is a lot of information here that can help any business get started with a successful social networking campaign. kanadai vízum online alkalmazás